Veterans Day Quotes, Poems and Pictures for Kids, Preschooler – If you are searching for some best collection of te Veterans Day Stuff for kids then you at right page. Here we sharing with you worlds best collection of the Veterans Day Quotes, Veterans Day poems for Kids, Veterans Day Pictures for Kids, Veterans Day Pictures to draw and much more. Veterans day is celebrates in honor of American real heros who scarifies their lives for their nation. So every one wants to be part of this remebering day. Kids also take participation on this day by giving a speech on their school or making something for their veterans. Hope you all will gonna like these veterans day Quotes and Poems for Veterans Day 2016.
Related Posts ->>>
Veterans Day Quotes for Kids –
“Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.”
~ Abraham Lincoln
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. ~ Charles B. Rangel
Take a moment to remember the sacrifices of the brave men and women who have valiantly fought to make America the greatest nation on Earth.
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
“What about the scar … in my face.” He managed to force out, couldn’t
find the words, no better nor easier way to ask and even plead. Do you want me.
Do you honestly still want me?
Please, want me.”
~ Aleksandr Voinov
- When the peace treaty is signed, the war isn’t over for the veterans, or the family. It’s just starting. ~ Karl Marlantes
While we can’t begin to repay the debt we owe our veterans for their brave service, we can certainly take steps to ease the physical, psychological and financial hardships they may be experiencing. ~ Kirsten Gillibrand
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” ~ Elmer Davis
“But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, Is their monument to-day, and for aye.” ~ Thomas Dunn English
- “In World War One, they called it shell shock. Second time around, they called it battle fatigue. After ‘Nam, it was post-traumatic stress disorder.” ~ Jan Karon
I was a telemarketer in my senior year at high school. I had to sell prosthetic limbs to paralysed veterans. I was making 150 bucks a week and it was horrible. ~ Big Sean
- “On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” ~ Dan Lipinski
“I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.” ~ Gary Hart
- “The brave men and women, who serve their country and as a result, live constantly with the war inside them, exist in a world of chaos. But the turmoil they experience isn’t who they are; the PTSD invades their minds and bodies.”
~ Robert Koger
We can’t equate spending on veterans with spending on defense. Our strength is not just in the size of our defense budget, but in the size of our hearts, in the size of our gratitude for their sacrifice. And that’s not just measured in words or gestures. ~ Jennifer Granholm
- “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place—police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” ~ Sidney Sheldon
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- “People generally don’t suffer high rates of PTSD after natural disasters. Instead, people suffer from PTSD after moral atrocities. Soldiers who’ve endured the depraved world of combat experience their own symptoms. Trauma is an expulsive cataclysm of the soul.
~ David Brooks
While we can never truly repay the debt we owe our heroes, the least we should do for our brave veterans is to ensure that the government takes a proactive approach to delivering the services and benefits they have earned, so they can access the care they need and so richly deserve. ~ Kirsten Gillibrand
- “Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called.” ~ Bill Shuster
“The most persistent sound which reverberates through men’s history is the beating of war drums.” ~ Arthur Koestler
Veterans Day Poems for Kids and Preschooler
Say Thank You
Be a model for your children. When you see a veteran, simply say, “Thank you.” Our kids learn from us. Talk with them about why you say thank you to the soldier at the grocery store and the soldier you pass in the airport. It is such a simple act of gratitude, but it means a lot.
Make a Card or Baked Goods for a Veteran
Kids can also make cards to say thank you to veterans they know. Even pre-writers can make a simple card with sticky foam letters or by simply coloring a background that an adult can write on. If you live close to a veteran, you could even help your child make some cookies or another treat to deliver.
Veterans Day Poems
Today we honor our veterans,
worthy men and women
who gave their best
when they were called upon
to serve and protect their country.
We pray that you will bless them, Lord,
for their unselfish service
in the continual struggle
to preserve our freedoms, our safety,
and our country’s heritage, for all of us.
Bless them abundantly
for the hardships they faced,
for the sacrifices they made
for their many different contributions
to America’s victories
over tyranny and oppression.
We respect them, we thank them,
we honor them, we are proud of them,
and we pray that you will watch over
these special people
and bless them with peace and happiness.
In Jesus’ name we pray; Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
The Best on Earth:
A Veteran’s Day Tribute
If someone has done military service,
They earn the title “veteran,” and more;
They earn our deep respect and admiration;
That they are special no one can ignore.
They sacrificed the comforts we enjoy;
The list is long of all the things they gave.
Our veterans are extraordinary people;
They’re loyal, dedicated, true and brave.
When terror and invasion were real threats,
They showed us they could handle any storm.
We owe our freedoms and our very lives
To our veterans, who served in uniform.
Our veterans should be celebrities;
They’re exceptional; no other group compares.
We’re grateful for the many things they’ve done;
They’re always in our hearts and in our prayers.
We owe our veterans support and friendship;
Let no one ever question what they’re worth.
These men and women served us and our country,
Our veterans–the very best on earth.
By Joanna Fuchs
Veterans Day Pictures for Kids
In 4thjulyimages we sharing with you worlds best collection of the Images, Quotes, Messages, Poems, Pictures and much more for Veterans Day 2016. This post contains Veterans Day Quotes, Poems and Pictures for Kids, Preschooler. If you like this post then don’t forget to share on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest.
More from my site